trailqueen

Dec 30, 2006
I don't belong to CATRA yet but would like to find out if I would be able to handle one of their HS's. I thought working an event would benefit both myself and CATRA since they probably need as many volunteers as possible at a race and I could see what's involved.

I didn't find a standalone website for CATRA, just an email link through NOHVCC or NYTRO (can't remember which offhand). I sent an email a couple of weeks ago via the link but haven't rec'd a reply. It's a 2 hour ride to the monthly meeting place in Ballston Lake which would be ok as long as the meeting was definitely on.

Does anyone now the best way to contact CATRA? Thanks.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
I'm a CATRA member and I can help. This years H/S is Sunday May 18. Our club meetings are always 'on', (first Thur. of the month).
Trail boss is Bill Steele- 518-225-8366, no calls after 9:00pm
As far as being able to handle our race I would say the best way is to join our club and ride there. That way you can ride the real H/S course and practice all you want.
Russ

trailqueen

Dec 30, 2006
That way you can ride the real H/S course and practice all you want
CATRA is the nearest club, but it's still 2+ hours away. I just sold my pickup and got a small car with a trailer which pulls fine locally but I'm a bit leery of taking it on the NYS T'way.

The membership fee is not expensive if you get to use the tracks and particiate in club events - for me it's not just the time that's the problem, but the $$ to get there. I figured if I worked an event I could see if it's too far to haul my bike.

Thanks for the contact info.

Top Bottom