TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Anyone following it? I don't normally watch it to closely but this is the first time Australia has qualified in 32 years, so I'm keen to see them play.

Their match against Japan was awesome to watch. It was 1-0 in Japans favour then Australia scored 3 goals in the last eight minutes!

Next opponents - Brazil (gulp!)

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
i'm watching..... Mexico WON!

geraldo

Oct 12, 2004
I am a big soccer fan and still play. Of course I am cheering for the US but their first game was dissapointing. I think they will still get out of their group. It's just too bad they didn't have Mexico in their group. :nener:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yup, recording every game so we can watch them. Korea-Togo was a foulfest. Sweeden-France was an embarassment for France and a great showing for Sweeden. The US game was disappointing :(

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Yes, my kids and I really enjoy the sport. I wish more American's "got it".

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Alot of the bars in St. Louis are opening early(8 am) so the games can be watched. There was also a chartered plane with about 90 people from St. Louis heading over to Germany for the whole tournament. As a young kid in the 60's, I remember them opening up a big auditorium downtown and showing games throughout the day on a movie screen. Soccer's relatively popular here but still way overshadowed by baseball/football. I had the opportunity to play for a month in Germany during the 70's. The level of support is insane their. Life revolved around the soccer club. A club would have about 5 fields surrounding a clubhouse. The families would get together each evening for dinner and socializing at the clubhouse. I was 15 at the time and would get to drink 'Rattlers' (beer and lemonade). Better get back to work, spains up 2 nil.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I've played soccer since I was 11. The only reason I'm not still playing now at 34 is that I'm into motocross now and I have neither the time nor the money to drive an hour to the closest quality league every week. I was playing till last spring when I got the bike.

Unfortunately, that was a pretty pathetic performance by our boys against the Czechs. :ohmy: Hopefully they'll pick it up Saturday - but I doubt they're going to beat Italy in any circumstance.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Watching what I can! I, been some good games so far. :cool:

The US did get schooled, yet they need to remember this is truely a team sport. The Czechs just played as a team much better and were able to shut down our forwards.

I have been amazed at the number of whiners in many of the games, worse actors "than" our Basketball pros! They are rolling on the ground crying, next thing you know when the foul is called, they pop up and run off:ohmy:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
XRpredator said:
people actually watch?
I know man...I can't fathom the concept myself. :|

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I listened too Mexico vs Iran on the radio.. Wish i had TIVO too watch the games when i got home from work..

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
XRpredator said:
people actually watch?
Hard to believe huh? Much like books without pictures though there are people that do enjoy it :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Patman said:
there are people that do enjoy it :)

Yeah, and it scares me how much they "enjoy it". :rotfl:

Click This

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas