WOT plug chop pics included need advice

kdxquebec

Mar 16, 2002
hello friends.I am in the jetting process on my kdx200 89.The bike have a fmf fatty k-14 and a power core silencer and stock reeds with air box lid removed.

look at the plug pic HERE.....

http://groups.msn.com/KDXRidersCommunity/philippe.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1038

I did the wot test for 15 seconds in a strait line with a brand new br8es. I have a 165 main jet and 48 pilot(stock)and 1172 needle 2 nd clip from the top (stock) with air srew 1.75 turn out.I run the bike with motul 40:1.The temp was 15 celcius maybe 50 fareinheight.

Bike run great but this is my first bike ever so i dont really know how should run a well jetted bike.I own the bike for 4 years. i need advice on this plug pic please. Am i in the good way ? :worship:
thank you so much.I am little paranoid or running the bike too lean...

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
As long as you did your plug chop correctly you are very close. As the temp. warms up in the summer you could lean it out a bit. Depending on on how much your altitude and temp changes during a ride , it is nice to be a hair on the rich side just to be safe. :thumb:

kdxquebec

Mar 16, 2002
thank you for looking! I think i am in the good way with the main jet. ;)

Now that my main is fine and safe at wot and full open throttle ,can the bike be lean in others trottle positions?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…