dgoetz

Nov 12, 2007
Wife needs new bike and right now I don't know if the right bike is out there. She now has a 04 TT125 w/150kit and some suspension mods and I don't want to buy a Frk fork kit and a swing arm kit to get the suspension good enough but I don't want a MX bike for her either. The XC & CRF both have much better susp but the power bands are too radical for her and the very tech riding we do in the mountains of N/W Wyo.
She is only 5'1" and can't ride a std size bike. Is there anything out there for her?

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
get the 150. they have a small seat height that would fit her well, they are strong, she would love it , they are reliable, and i dont think they have a powerband.

Jan 3, 2007
The CRF150R is going to cost more to mantain then the 105. It also costs more. I woul also consider a CRF230F for the fact it is a great bike stock. It is a tad bit heavy but not too bad.

dgoetz

Nov 12, 2007
2 strokes for life said:
The CRF150R is going to cost more to mantain then the 105. It also costs more. I woul also consider a CRF230F for the fact it is a great bike stock. It is a tad bit heavy but not too bad.

Too heavy & too tall

May 10, 2007
i would have to say the 150R. though im biased. it is a great bike. i have had minimal problems w/ it. 2 strokes is right though. it is more expensive to maintain etc but not that bad. it also has that mellow 4t powerband (more then her ttr but less the a 2t)

i ride MX and trails and it has never let me down. only prob is that if she rides real slow i have heard that they overheat (i have never had that prob though)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Get a 105 and a flywheel weight. 150r is a micro f-1 engine. They wear very quickly. I recently rode one and wasnt all that impressed. My wife and I were just at the local KTM dealer last week and he said a few ladies in their group ride 105 xc's, and said most of them were coming off ttr125s.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom