enduro8

Sep 22, 2000
Anyone out there Jet a XR 50 for sea level and the BBR Exhaust? I raised the needle one spot and put a bigger main in, but it still seems to lack the mid end power. Is this just the pipe?

It gets smoked vs another stock XR 50 (stock jetting) and a Big Gun Exhaust.

Usually on slight uphills coming out of corners is where the lack of power is seen most. In fact I think it might be worse then stock coming out of slight uphill corners.

There is no documentation with the honda materials so I am kinda a a loss. is it jetting or is the pipe just inferior?

enduro8

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
The little XRs are seriously undercarbureted from the factory. An XR70 carb is a direct bolt-on replacement for the stocker. Maybe you should try one.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
JP,

How "seriously undercarbureted" are we talking? I've got a 38mm Mikuni round slide layin' around...think I should give it a go? :scream:

E8,

Have you tried going back to stock jetting (dropping the needle, stock main) and seeing if that helps things? If the guy running the Big Gun exhaust is running stock jetting and beating you then maybe you give it a try.

Last edited:

fiveo

Jun 10, 2002
i raised the needle 2 slots put in a 62 main and the air screw is close to 1 1/4 and 1 1/2out runs good for columbus ohio....

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
The stock XR70 carb runs a 60 or 62 main. I used the 62 and drilled it out using a hobbyist drill bit set. I'm in the middle slot on the needle. I used the same bit to drill the pilot.

Faded - jam that 38 on your fitty and give us a ride report. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom