xr400 pulse charged intake?????????????

goesman

Nov 16, 2001
Does any one know any thing about these pulse charged intake systems that is advertised in the back of dirt bike magazines.:cool:

snaggleXR4

Aug 5, 2001
Hey,
Do a search, there are discussions on the topic. I asked the same question a while back. Basically, my take on it was that it was not anything great. In theory, it was supposed to be great in specific RPM ranges, but in general, I don't think it does much. Search and read the posts and make your own conclusion.

Afterwards, do a search for a Mikuni Pumper carb. I finally broke down and got one for my bike. I bought the carb from XR's Only, and it shipped with the recommended jetting for the mods (pipe, aftermarket airfilter, stock motor) as well as one step leaner and richer on both the pilot and main jets. It works great, I'm very happy with it. The bike starts alot easier, the throttle response is great, the bike revs up quicker, and the lower-mid to upper RPM range screams. I've dumped the bike a couple times since, and she just keeps on purring where the stock carb would have flooded out. It is expensive, but it is really the only way to "fix" the stock carb troubles. Good luck.

Mark Parsons

May 10, 2000
Don't buy it. I bought one for my XR600R and regreted it. No performance gain that I could detect even after following all the recommended set up tips. I wasted my money. Get a pumper carb and I think you'll be happy with the pumper.

goesman

Nov 16, 2001
I all ready have a full FMF exhaust new carb and uni filter. Just trying to find a little more power with out tearing down the motor.

Top Bottom