yamaha reliablity

ArchEnemy

Oct 24, 2004
hey guys.well im planning on gettin a yz125 and i have looked into stuff on it and it sounds great and i will be getting as soon as possibly.but I have a question about their reliebility
Ive never had a yamaha bike before and i have heard that these bikes blow up easily and they are pieces of ****.What do you guys think ever have a yamaha blow up really eisily .do they require more matience then the others ,,do they break alot?.I would like to now some stuff on there reliibelity because i am a honda freak..so im pretty much hooked on if the bike is dependibile not and it won't blow up.
any help would help alot
thanks
o ya im about 5'8 165 pounds and i do ride aggresivly it gravel pits ..im looking to pick up mx next summer

Speeed

Proud American
Jul 4, 2004
buy the YZ ! you'll be very happy with it !

john3_16

May 17, 2004
I would say that you can't go wrong with a Honda or Yamaha...Overall, of the big four I would put Yamaha very close to Honda in the quality department...Some models of each brand may excell in areas of quality more than the other but in a broad scope both brands are good with the Honda having a little bit of an edge...Although the pre aluminum framed models do get ugly looking real quick...If that doesn't bother you go ahead and get one..The new Yamaha's with the aluminum frame seem to stay pretty clean looking...

Suzuki and Kawasaki may not be as quality, but they are a huge step forward from what they used to be...

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Whoever was telling you that the Yamaha's blow up easily was more than likely riding another brand ( I would bet it was a Honda owner :p ). Any bike can blow up easily, if not treated correctly, but NONE of the big manufactures "blow up easily" or are pieces of (insert favorite descriptive here). Obviously, if a certain brand bike "blows up easily" the makers would no longer be in business.

Since you admit to being a Honda freak, why not just buy a Honda?

ArchEnemy

Oct 24, 2004
well because i want a 2-stroke and i can't afford a 250 2-stroke and the cr125's ive heard alot of bad things about them. so i want a 125 2-stroke but with relibilety and a lasting look and performance.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…