Yamaha XT 350 Help... (General Novice stuff)

JohnRaven.exe

Jun 5, 2006
Hello everyone. I'm a very novice rider... I started riding just last weekend, and I'm currently riding a Yamaha 350 XT.

I've always been interested in Dirtbikes/ATV's, and I would like to get my drivers licence, but for now....Dirtbikes will just have to do...soo sad eh ;) I would like to learn alot more about Dirtbikes/ATV's, and ingines and stuff like that in general, and I thought this would be a good place to start :)

***A little info on this bike..*** Its been in storage for about a year. Last weekend I decided I'd go and try to get her started.

I have a few general Questions:

1: How/when should I change the oil???

2: I think the battery is pretty much shot on it, but it does start...but we'll see if it does this weekend. How much do you think it would be to replace it?? $30 maybe?

3: The lowest I think I've been able to get this bike to idle at is about 3000 RPM's. Is that too high? What should it be idling at?

Any help/general info on this bike and maintaining it would be great!!! Thanks in advance :)

Too-Stroked

Mod Ban
May 27, 2006
The Idle Is Too High,1000 Is Ok For A 4 Stroke,change The Oil Before Riding If Its Been Sitting 3 Years,after That, Every 2-3 Thousand If Mostly Road,1-2k If Off Road,my Battery For Mine Was $80,but That Was At Bell Honda,the "xt" Is The Most Bullet-proof Engine Since The Honda 110-i Had A '99 Xt225-little-but Very Rugged-i Put 3800 Miles In 4 Months In The Desert North Of Phoenix,and On The Highway,its Was My Only Transportation-,never Changed The Oil,or Any Fluids,never Had A Problem,but Whoever Stole It Probably Didnt Get To Enjoy It Long.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom