Yamaha YZinger (80)

Midol

Jun 29, 2007
Both of our YZingers are running poorly.

Bike 1
  • Topped up oil.
  • Cleaned carby out.
  • Topped up transmission/gear oil.
Problems it had: Running poorly. Really, really crap acceleration. When you were running full throttle it felt like it was struggling for fuel.

Bike 2
  • Topped up oil.
  • Cleaned carby out.
  • Topped up transmission/gear oil.
Problems it had: Running idle with the revs FAR too high.

Before I put everything back together does anyone have any ideas on what else I can do?

I can't see anything I've done fixing Bike 2 problems. I've never done motorbike work before but we all learn somewhere :) The manual is about as useful as a my little pony book.

Midol

Jun 29, 2007
Cheers mate.

You wouldn't happen to know if these bikes come with air filters? Took the filter apart to give it a good old clean and it has no filter sponge or anything?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Midol said:
Cheers mate.

You wouldn't happen to know if these bikes come with air filters? Took the filter apart to give it a good old clean and it has no filter sponge or anything?
:yikes: You need a new top end if its been ridden with no air filter. And obviously you need an air filter too.

Midol

Jun 29, 2007
I assumed it had an engine :P

Will get onto the air filter. I assume a fair bit of damage has been caused as well so will check that out.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…