yamahabond: will it fix powervalve leak?

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hi, saw a product called, yamabond,, its a gasket cream that i read about that sounds like it could stop my leaky powervalve from spooging.. anyone tried it?

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
You need to explain your question a little better. Are you talking about the spooge that comes out of the end of the pipe or do you have a gasket that is leaking on the side of the engine?

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Yamabond can be used in that application. It works as well as the RTV gasket stuff, but tends to be more tacky. I have even used it between the exhaust pipe and silencer. Good stuff.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I had a '90 YZ250 that leaked on the power valve cover. (I'm assuming that's where your leak is, on the side of the cylinder, the cover with the little rubber seal.) I tried a lot of things, but finally gave up, as the dreaded blacke spooge managed to work it's way through everything. If the Yamabond works, let us know, it may help a lot of people with spooge problems out.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
yes, its coming out the side cover by the cylinder. ive tried new gaskets, and the red seal gasket making goo,, but that didnt work either,, maybe yamabond will stop it...

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
I just replaced my powervalve on my 98 YZ 250, before I had a problem just like yours with spooge out the side, upon replacing the lower black gasket I coated each groove with door and window silicone sealant, the stuff worked like a charm, and I wonder if it is any different than the stuff you are talking about. hope this helps

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…