Yamha WR250f, new or used. What year is best?

Supermuffin

May 1, 2010
After spending long nights trying to find the bike that is right for me, i have decided on the yamaha wr250f, but my next questions are. Should i buy it New or Used? and if i buy it used, what year is best?
Thanks,
Corey

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Pull up a comfy chair and start doing some research. There are a bunch of "free" mods they need to wake them up from the factory, as well as some not-so-free mods to make them all they can be. You are going to find as many recommendations on what year was best as there have been years in production. I bought the '03 the day it was delivered to the dealer and still have it. I love it. Good luck, there's a lot of info out there on them.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I would say for new ones, the 2010 is probably the best. Until the 2011 comes out.

Supermuffin

May 1, 2010
Honestly now that i think about it, i am looking to buy used. My question really now is are wr250's from 2001 worth buying?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
XRpredator said:
I would say for new ones, the 2010 is probably the best. Until the 2011 comes out.

Pred, your advice is invaluable.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Like I said before...if you are buying used, know what you are looking for. If you dont, find someone who does and befriend them.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…