skalomax

Oct 6, 2006
Hi,
Great Forum by the way. I Wanted to know which Dirt Bike would best suit me and my Brother. We Or I was looking at the 85 2 Strokes and the 125 2 Smokes. I Dont know which brand to chose from.

I am 5'6 and weigh 140 Lb.
My Brother Is 5'9 and weighs 160Lb
50/50 Riding Me and My brother want to Ride Aggresively but also want to Trail Ride.
This would be our first Dirtbike and wanted to choose the right one.

We want a Bike that would suit both of us.
I was also looking at the Honda CRF150F and wondered how the 150 would compare to the 85 2 Stroke.
Are the 2 Smokes reliable as 4's? I want to Ride but dont want to fix it every 5 seconds.
Im not really good with mechanics but my Brother Is.
I wanted to know If i can top out in a 2 Smoke?
Is it bad to Top out in a 2 stroke?

Thanks Guys!!

skalomax

Oct 6, 2006
Im thikning of Getting a Kawai KX100! Is this a good bike and does it Have enough power for dunes?
Thanks Please tell me about Kawasaki! Thanks

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Go with a 125 2 stroke. The KX100 and any 85 you will both feel cramped on, especially your bro.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
125 isn't too big. I'm smaller than you by 3" and 25lbs. On my CR and now my YZ we put softer springs and shaved the seat about an inch. You're not going to be able to touch flat footed, but can at least get a foot down on one side. I can barely touch w/both of my toes. KX100 isn't too good for the dunes a 125 really isn't either, but it can be done. Once the new springs break in, it gets a little better.

tyz.jpg

skalomax

Oct 6, 2006
WOW! Nice!
So the YZ Just looks tall but when you sit on it It lowers!? You dont know how Much this Pics Helps!! Thanks

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
No problem.
The YZs are one of the taller ones. It does squat a little once I sit on it. Also, it's kinda sitting a little higher than the spot I'm standing, probably 2-3" higher. If you have the suspension set up correctly it will squat a little when you sit on it. Like I said I can touch barely with my toes on both sides or I can slide over on the seat and touch almost flat footed w/one foot.
When I got it I couldn't touch at all w/the stock springs. Same way with my '01 CR125.
They all lower a little when you sit on them. Remember that if you are at a dealer sititing on bikes the suspension is not broke in, the springs do break in a little bit after riding. Stock suspension is for a rider around 165-175lbs. When I ride my husband's YZ250 the suspension does not move. Adjustments can be made for us short people/lightweights.

RC is 5'6" and around 155lbs (I think) rides a 450
Ryan Villopoto is 5'5" and 140? rides a 250F
There was an article a couple of months ago in Dirt Rider on quite a few of the top pros and it gave all their specs. Also listed the mods they had done to their bikes: pegs, frames, suspension, etc.

I race w/a girl that is 14 5'2" 100lbs and rides an 85 and a CRF250.

Last edited:

skalomax

Oct 6, 2006
Wow,
Thanks!
I Think Im Going to Go with the KTM 125SX! Or Maybe the 105?
I really Like the Kawai KX100 and Love Its looks But....?
How will the 06 RM125 Do?
Thanks for all your Help. Its appreciated!

Top Bottom