YZ 250F Haeder Pipe Problem

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
Hi, I have a friend that just bought a 03' YZ 250F, And he was wondering: Is the Header pipe suposed to get red hot at the front or not. It is the stock pipe and header, and he was just concerned about it. I was thinking that he should just go and buy a new Pipe and Header Like an FMF or a White Bros. I really need some info on all this, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks A whole Bunch, :) Akira

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
It definitely gets hot enough to glow. Perfectly normal, just means to need to get moving and get some air moving through them radiators :thumb:

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
Thanks For the Info, I will Pass this to my friend as soon as I see him. He was really worried that something was wrong with it.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Yes they glow cherry red if you are idling it while sitting still. This week I was getting ready to do some work on my son's and the header was glowing pretty good despite it being about 40 degrees in the garage. I found that just lightly blowing over it cooled it enough to stop the glow.

frankrock363

Sponsoring Member
Jan 21, 2004
Even though these thumpers will sit and idle just fine. They don't like it. 4 strokes tend to get very hot doing this. When idleing it is normal for the pipe to get red. I guess a 2 stroke would get just as hot if they would idle.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…