blueflash

Feb 6, 2005
Recently did a top end on my 2000 yz 125 bored to 133. Tweaking carb, I lowered the clip 1 notch from middle. Was wondering is it common to run with needle fully raised? Still have somewhat of a bog guess right around 1/4 throttle. BTW i'm trying to follow Spanky's jetting guide. Can I tell you the machine got mean for a short time when I ran out of fuel? (running lean but crazy strong) :nod: Anybody run a needle fully raised or lowered? thanks :ride:

Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
my needle is all the way down.....but i can't figure out why my bike is so leaned out. I ended up buying a boyesen rad valve, cause everyone i've gone to for jetting help has told me to check my reeds. Its on its way here, i'll let you know what happens with my jetting once its in there.

Last edited:

fatboyslim

Apr 11, 2006
Take out the the needle from the slide. There is a little bolt that holds the throttle cable to the slide. Once you've done that then slide the needle out. There are five little notches at the top of it. And there is a little clip on one of them. Take the clip off (carefully because it does go flying if you're not carefull. Either moce it up or down depending which way you want it. Make sure you only move one position at a time.

Jun 5, 2006
blueflash said:
Recently did a top end on my 2000 yz 125 bored to 133. Tweaking carb, I lowered the clip 1 notch from middle. Was wondering is it common to run with needle fully raised? Still have somewhat of a bog guess right around 1/4 throttle. BTW i'm trying to follow Spanky's jetting guide. Can I tell you the machine got mean for a short time when I ran out of fuel? (running lean but crazy strong) :nod: Anybody run a needle fully raised or lowered? thanks :ride:

if it ran better when u ran out of gas, doesn't that mean u are running rich instead of lean, meaning u should raise the clip?

blueflash

Feb 6, 2005
Xtremesports445 said:
if it ran better when u ran out of gas, doesn't that mean u are running rich instead of lean, meaning u should raise the clip?

To say it ran better is an understatement. It flat out took off! :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom