yz125: torque reeds, or rad valve for bottom.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hi,, have a reed spacer, porting, pc pipe, and low gearing, but i still want more on bottom...
which is best buy if they even work,,, moose torq reeds, or a rad valve? i wonder if the reed spacer would effect performance on rad valve?

89yz125.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Nevada, I added a Rad Valve to my YZ 250. It would be a stretch to claim it added low end. I am not complaining. The bikes feels like it is jetter correctly now and pulls in a very clean manner down low.

BUT, I would have to drink a lot of beer to claim it added low end or gave the bike a four-stroke feel.

It is not as notable as dropping down to a 13 tooth front sproket from a 14. I know it is a different bike than yours. I think the 150.00 would be better spent for an Eric Gorr port job!

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
if i remember correctly the boyseen rad valve i tried added mostly mid and top end power to my 98. i had a reed valve spacer on my 00'yz(also for harescrambles) along w/fmf torque reeds,since i didnt test them seperately i cant tell you how much of a difference just the reeds made. but i would try them before you buy the rad valve. you'll only be out about 20 or 30 bucks as opposed to 125 or more for the rad valve.

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
I had an 87 yz125, and it had stump pulling bottom end power. Not much up top, though. It had a fmf fatty pipe, boyeson power reeds, 13/52 gearing. After I put a top end and fresh tire on that bike before i sold it, it had 250-like power.

Top Bottom