YZ426F mods

bofforider

May 27, 2001
I am looking for ways to reduce weight and noise level on the bike. I know there is the thread currently going re: noise. Which of the pipes suggested will reduce the weight of the bike? What other methods are there for reducing the weight of the bike? Where is the greatest weight savings per dollar?

Thanking you in advance,
Bofforider

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
This is a good question. I figured up the cost of putting all titanium and carbon fiber parts on my 400. It would cost $3500 to save 13 lbs. I figured that if I quit eating at Taco Bell, McDondalds, Hardees...etc.. I could drop about 40 lbs and save about $3500 a year!

As far as noise level goes, I run a Pro Circuit header and silencer(Yeah right) and you can hear me anywhere in the woods ot on the track! If you want quiet and light, you better look into an XR100 because the 426 is not the place to find either. None-the-less, I love the bike and wouldn't trade it for anything! Good luck in your search.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…