speedfreak93

Jan 31, 2007
hi, soon (hopefully) i will be buying myself a used yz85. I probly won't be able to travel much to race so i want to race both mx and hs and the track in our town. my question is, will a bike setup for mx be semi-competitive in a hs?

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I use my mx bike for woods riding and stuff all the time and it seem fine.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
The 85 will be fine in the woods. The power is a little on the peaky side, but I know lots of kids that ride 85's in the woods with great success. You may want to play with the gearing so you aren't on the clutch all the time.

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
I race my 85 sx in the woods and I like it better then the other bikes all I did was go one tooth up on the rear sproket and take some compression out of my suspension. O and I did add enduro engineering handgaurds with bark busters.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I have those hand guard bark buster thngs and they sAved me a MILLION brake and cluch handles.

244racer

Mar 20, 2007
I have a YZ 85 and I race it in the Harescrambles and i do well i finished top 10 this year and it was y first year and i only did half the season, i left every thing stock and got bark busters and i do harescrambles more but when i do MX i stiffen my commperion for front and back and woods i soften it so do what you gotta go but i think yz 85 are fast and a good all around bike.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom