MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I'm asking for a bud who has this bike, The bike is totally stock in the motor. He was going to get PC pipe/silencer for it but I was suggesting a reeds or vforce. Anyone who's has or had this bike what mods did the motor response to the most? What made the best change? My experience leads me to believe that with 2 strokes reeds are better than a pipe usually. Doesn't got alot of funds so I'd hate to see him waste it on a pipe only to get marginal gains when reeds would of been better.

kx137

Jul 1, 2002
LOL I did the pipe and the vforce reeds at the same time as well as the 154 kit but I will say one thing ..... he would probably be better off just saving some more pennies and having gorr do his 144 kit or something smaller.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Just personal experience.

I had Eric modify the top end for what I wanted. He was up to par. Got exactly what I wanted. Bike is stock now except for the head. Pipe is all banged up (pretty badly I say with pride). Still runs great. If I was looking for the most bang for buck, I would ship it out. You'll get what you are paying for and then some.

Chief

MikeyG

Mod Ban
Nov 28, 2002
Yeah, I sent my 99 cylinder to Pro Circuit for porting. The bike absolutely ripped when I got it back. I didn't even know about Eric Gorr at the time, but im sure he does great work. Plenty of the members on this board can vouch for him.

infiltraterz

Jan 7, 2003
i have a 00 KX125 & once i crashed & dented the pipe i got a PC pipe & silencer, it makes really good power down low & in the mid, but it kinda sings out in the strights (running in 4th gear pined, with stock gearing). your friend should check the reeds first to see if there worn. i had a chiped reed & rplaced it with a boyesen reed (still using the stock reed cage) & it felt like i was on a new bike.
if the reeds are bad there will be little or no diffrence with a new pipe, if the reeds are fine try a pipe, but remember that the carb will need to be rejeted.

Top Bottom