thek

Mar 9, 2003
Ok I'm selling my baby thumper and getting a cr250.

The two models in my price range are the 02 and 03.

Can someone tell me the differences between the bikes please?

I know they look very similar (except for front number plate). I'm more intereseted in the mechanical side of things.

I suppose in a way what I really am asking is; Is there a significant advantage to getting the 03 over the 02?

And what are the bikes like in general? I am pretty much a novice rider (Jumping 70ft Tables, 40 ft doubles) and will be using the bike for 95% motocross, 5% woods riding.

Thanks.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
dont know much about the differences except the 03 motor is supposed to be a little better than the rest of the rc valved cr's 02,04

i absolutely love my 03........ when i say jump it says how high. feels like a feather in the air . i went from a C rider straight to a B rider the day i got it!!! the ergos, power, brakes, handling, and STOCK suspension with the clickers still @ 2 clicks from stock are all confidence inspiring. maybe too much confidence..................hey why is that landing ramp way :yikes: back there.

anyway get the jetting sorted out and you will have a great bike

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I would say get the 02 because I have heard some people got the 02 ignition on their 03 for more performance. I even heard pro-circuit recommended that too. The shock on the 03 has some flaws in the rebound circuit. If you plan to do some serious racing, you might want to buy an 02. the only draw back with the 02 is it goes through reeds quicker.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
NO HAND said:
I would say get the 02 because I have heard some people got the 02 ignition on their 03 for more performance. I even heard pro-circuit recommended that too. The shock on the 03 has some flaws in the rebound circuit. If you plan to do some serious racing, you might want to buy an 02. the only draw back with the 02 is it goes through reeds quicker.

the ignition is supposed to be an attempt to get more low end power which is a sham along with the aftermarket ignitions. especially since it already out performs the 02 but what and where did the shock thing come from?? ive never heard nor noticed a thing. of course maybe i got lucky cause i had no problem jetting either.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
The 03' has the best motor from 02-04...My buddy has an 04 CR250 modified by Varner and Varner specifically likes to use the 03' cylinder for mods...

Top Bottom