ram1

Dec 12, 2002
I just bought an 03 CR 250 and before ever riding it I went all over the bike and while checking the transmission oil level I noticed what looks to be hairline cracks around the oil level check bolt and also around the kickstarter on the case cover. I'm not sure if its a defective part or are they just casting marks? I doubt if the dealer will stand behind it, being an MX bike, so I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone with an 03 CR check and see if your bike has these? Thanks

ram1

Dec 12, 2002
Thanks, I think their just casting marks, Hope so.... Too much snow and ice here to ride and find out!!!

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Ram,
My '99 had the same casting marks on the inside of the cases. Scary isn't it? :scream: Turned out everything was fine. :thumb:

luvtolean

Oct 3, 2002
I just checked mine and it doesn't have any casting marks there. If they are truly cracks (not casting lines) take it back to your dealer. Honda is pretty good about standing behind their bikes. And you dealer can help you out here. I've seen dirt bikes get warranty work done at my local Honda dealer after the dealer insisted to Honda.

Not to scare anyone but, if I found casting lines on my cases I'd sand them off if I could. Casting marks create stress risers that can lead to cracks.

Top Bottom