02 KX100 losing the powerband "hit".

scot_douglas

May 9, 2006
Compression: 140psi (service manual: 118-185 psi = ok)
Jetting: stock w/plenty of spooge/ coffee colored plug
Powervalve seems okay (static checking)
3 month old FMF "torque reeds"

I'm stumped.
Wife's bike is slowly getting weaker / less hit. Tonight I will check to see if the PV linkage moves when it's revved; with the linkage cover removed, you can physically move the linkage with a wrench (and feel the spring resistance of the PV actuator).

Trying to make the bike last until this winter when I can send it off to Eric Gorr and get it ported for more midrange.

Any idears?

scot_douglas

May 9, 2006
:nod:
Heh heh, just replaced the air filter tonight, the other one was really dirty - it makes sense; my wife's filter usually stays clean pretty long as she rides up front. The last 1 1/2 rides, I led, and it was really dusty. ;)

Silencer is pretty new, though pretty spooged up - will they clog? I have to get some packing material and re-do it (FMF Q)

Thanks for the replies!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Have you checked the wife?

Maybe she is just improving her skill level and handling the hit better.

scot_douglas

May 9, 2006
KelvinKDX said:
Have you checked the wife?

Maybe she is just improving her skill level and handling the hit better.

That's up in the air...she says doesn't mind when were not on the trail, but when we're out and hit a big hill, she'll make a remark about the power. :bang: :)

When I get on it, I think I can feel that it has lost power, but I also have moved up to a 300 EXC that might make it feel slow. :blah:

Looks like we'll just ride it and see how it goes - just needs to last until it starts snowing, then I'll tear it down and ship the cylinder and head off to Eric, split the cases and give everything a good once-over.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom