macauley

Mar 17, 2003
I recently put on a pair of Acerbis bark busters and the left side fit fine, but the throttle side did not. They are the universal rally brush style. The KDX200 stock handle bars are goofy as the throttle side is shorter and there is a solder core inside the end of the handle bars that I had to drill out, but when cutting off the end of the stock throttle sleeve and grip, there is too much depth (~5 inches or so)from the end of the cutoff throttle to the beginning of the handle bar. This creates a proble to use the stock hardware and makes the end of the barkbuster a bit wobbly. Not a very good setup. Any ideas?

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
Buy some aluminum bars and have all the room u need. Using the stock bar is a waste of time, unless you never drop your bike. Sorry you have gone through so much trouble with the stockers already.
I run "CR high" bars from renthal. Don't look for KDX bars in the catalog. You won't find them. They are selling different bends of the bar, all standard 1 7/8 inch bars will fit your KDX.

macauley

Mar 17, 2003
Thanks for the response... I like the size, etc. of the stock bars and looked on the Renthal website, but not sure what ones you got. Is it under the Motocross and enduro section? If so, what number? How different are your bars than the stock? length, etc?

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I ran into the same problem with my KDX a few weeks ago. Why do they make em like that? I got a great deal on a new set of Renthals off eBay. They were the CR bend from '96. I would suggest you just take your old ones with you to the local dealer and compare. Then if you can find em cheeper on the net, you'll know what your getting.
My bark busters have a rubber "bushing" that goes inside the handle bar thats supposed to expand when you tighten it up. It wouldn't fit inside the Renthals. It's a 7/8 OD measurement but the Renthals are thicker aluminum. I grinded the corners off the nut and drove it into the end of the handlebars and it worked really well. Good Luck!

Top Bottom