erider

Dec 19, 2002
If you need working lights to get through tech at an enduro, and dont want the to buy the $400 lighting coil, I found that the bike has a charging coil already for the fuel selenoid, I tapped into the red and white wire out of the voltage regulator, added a kdx switch to turn the lights on and off, a head light and tail lite, I used very low wattage bulbs, It works fine for getting through the tech line, then just turn the lights off when its time to race! BTW this is a very good enduro bike, the suspention works good after you take some rebound dampening out!!

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
The '03 KX250 is in my opion the best all-around MX bike for being converted to a enduro bike. Only by a hair, though. Also, I just purchased from Stealthy a powerjet barb lighting kit. Not as nice as the E-Line unit my '00 CRE250 {4sale} is equipped with, but enough to get through tech and get back to the truck at dusk. The kit is very cheap and includes all neccasary hardware including switch, wiring, and low wattage LED tail light bulb. I will purchase the bulbs for my DHH headlight at Home Depot who carries a wide range of bulbs for similar light fixtures. Great bike, definetly easiest MX bike to make a razor sharp enduro weapon out of. If any one intrested I wrote a whole ride report (my enduro based opinion) on page 6 of ''03 KX 250" Forum.

Top Bottom