gargamel6

Oct 19, 2004
I know this is a very popular topic..I just need some reassurance, or a NO don't do it! heres the situation. I have a new 05 KX250. It fouled plugs like crazy, another person that bought one told me he had the same issue and to raise the clip position (top slot). Everything seems to be a little better, but not perfect. after a few hours of riding it looked to be getting fouled, after a few more it was fouled for sure! The spooge situation is out of control too!! I'm thinking I need to go down a step on the main jet. To add more confusion I just got done putting a FMF turbine core 2 silencer on (gotta have that spark arrester!). Does my train of thought make sense? I haven't ridden with the new silencer yet, but generally what kind of effect does a spark arrester have on jetting?
I'm a novice rider, mostly woods, at sea level, hot and humid. The machine set up is all stock (original kick starter too!) with the exception of the clip position, and now the silencer.
Any thoughts? Thanks

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
do a search for this topic lots of people have had issues with jetting, i think the pilot comes very rich on the kx 250 and 125s.

Top Bottom