06 TTR 125 LE, What upgrades should i get?

Oct 11, 2008
so, i'm getting a 06 ttr 125 next weekend. What upgrades do you guys think i should put on it. I was thinking a full pipe, but i don't know what brand. I don't want to get a bbr cause everyone has that. I want any upgrades that will make my bike faster. PLEASE HELP ME OUT PPL. O and i'm looking for a group of people to ride with. I live in westchester NY, im 16. I have a van and i'm just looking to go to a place, maybe like an hour away or something and just ride on trails.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Suspension and jetting will get you MUCH further than that several hundred dollar noise maker pipe. The flywheel is also VERY heavy in them. You can have a good machinist take a pound off the flywheel to let it rev quicker.

Oct 11, 2008
_JOE_ said:
Suspension and jetting will get you MUCH further than that several hundred dollar noise maker pipe. The flywheel is also VERY heavy in them. You can have a good machinist take a pound off the flywheel to let it rev quicker.
i dont know how to rejet a carb. I'm new to bikes, i help my brother with his jeep, i really only know about cars and i'm not that good with them. I can do stuff like change oil and stuff, steering colums and small stuff, but he helps me most of the time. I'm hoping by using this forum i will be able to learn some stuff but i'm getting the manual so i can learn more about them. :cool: Whats a good brand to get jets from and what kind of suspension should i get, i don't even know what the fly wheel is. lol. Care to explain?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's great that you are getting the factory service manual, it will put you a LOOOONG way ahead of the game! When you get it there should be a section on the carburator and a step by step as to how to remove it and pull the float bowl (on the bottom) to address the jets as well as the "round top part" which has the slide & needle.

It looks like you are in the general area of the Damn Yankees, check their area for some riding leads http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Oct 11, 2008
Patman said:
It's great that you are getting the factory service manual, it will put you a LOOOONG way ahead of the game! When you get it there should be a section on the carburator and a step by step as to how to remove it and pull the float bowl (on the bottom) to address the jets as well as the "round top part" which has the slide & needle.

It looks like you are in the general area of the Damn Yankees, check their area for some riding leads http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/forumdisplay.php?f=75
thanks

Top Bottom