Coloner_Dre

Feb 8, 2006
I have posted a couple times on this debate but here is the deal. I sold my yz80 2 years ago and now i am really really in the need of another bike but i dont know what i want. I like both the yz125 and the 250F. I do lots of trail riding locally and some motocross here and there but mostly have fun with my friends and go in trails. I am about 5' 7" 130 lbs and i like the four stroke but am worried it would be to bulky for me to handle in awkward trail situations. Please give me some input on what you think. THANK FOR ANY REMARKS

mudrabbit

Feb 28, 2006
If your brand has to be yamaha, I would pick the 250f. The resale will be better . but If you do mostly trail riding you should give KTM alook the 200xc is a two stroke that go's both ways trail and motocross.light and fast

Coloner_Dre

Feb 8, 2006
well i wouldnt say i only do trail iding i also ride at my friends pit that his dad owns we jsut dick around and build jumps race and have fun.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
2 stroke = less maintenance, less cost of maintenance, more fun (powerband hit)

4 stroke = easier to ride (more low end power and torque), much more complicated motor (formula 1 technology).

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Since you're just basically dicking around, get the 125. If you plan on seriously racing and want a "even playing field" get the 250f.

I'm a lil bit slow, mentally, so I figured I should buy the slower of the two to race with so that I'm at an equal disadvantage. (Actually I believe that the 125 is the best teacher of proper technique, that's why I really bought it.)

Top Bottom