WesleySluis

Oct 16, 2007
hey i got a 110cc 4 stroke engine in a lil quad and it was running for a full day and then i brought it in side for the night and the next day there was no spark? i dont no what happened i checked the cdi everything was dry the coil was fine everything looked good but for some reason when i kick it over with the spark plug out theres no spark i dont know were to look or what to do do any you guys got any advice. if you do get back to me cause i dunno what to do haha

Thanks
Wes :ride:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Replace the plug.

No spark?

Make sure the plug connector is clicking on to the top of the plug.

Still nothing?

Take each electrical connection apart blow it dry and clean with compressed air. A little dielectric grease wouldn't hurt.

Still no spark?

Check the gap on the magnito. Take a matchbook and insert it between the pickup and the trigger if you don't have a matchbook take a piece of paper and fold it over 3 times.

No spark still?

Bad CDi or coil. You can check each but I typicall just replace one and then the other.

WesleySluis

Oct 16, 2007
thanks for the help i checked the wiring and everything everything looks good accept the gap from the maginto and the flywheel is like the thickness of like two dimes so i dunno if thats right or not? but i dunno theres no spark still and its buggin me cause it was running like 3 nights ago it just sat outside over night then the next day it wouldnt run i dont get it... it just doesnt make sense :bang: its drivin me nuts haha and as for the kill switch yes i know the kill switch has to be on to run lol any other ideas would be great.

Thanks
Wes

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That gap is waaaay to big, it's needs to be tighter.

WesleySluis

Oct 16, 2007
I tried moving the maginto thing closer but it wouldnt let me the parts were its ajustable is as far as i can go? maybe i shud just replace it if i can? i dont no how tho do i have to pull the fly wheel off and stuff?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom