YZ85KID

Jun 9, 2008
I bought a (supposed)2000 YZ125 and fuel pours out onto the floor when you turn the gas on. So I bought a needle valve set to replace it. But it isn't anything like the one that I took out. I have looked everywhere for a vin number and can't find one. The only thing I found, was this on one side of the carb 00 85tb. The 00 is on top, and the 85TB is right below it. Can I use any year carb if it is complete? I would like to get this running and see if anything else is wrong. I thought this would be a quick fix, now I am getting scared.

Aug 25, 2008
had the same problem with my rm250 with spilling gas there was pieces of grass and other items sticking to needle valve clean the whole carb and doesnt spill gas now you best bet is that your float is stuck clean it out tell me if that works clean out everything under floats nedlle valve and jets under hidden places with some carb cleaner

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
The VIN number should be stamped into the frame on the steering stem (the part that provides the pivot for the front forks). Should be on the right hand side.

The VIN number is 17 digits long, uses both letters and numbers. The first digit indicates the country it was made in and the second digit indicates the manufacturer, so yours should start with JY.

The 10th digit indicates the year. The letter "W" would indicate 1998, "X"=1999, "Y"= 2000, (Z is not used) and then 1 to 9 indicate 2001 to 2009.

My suggestion to you is to go online to a place that has the parts diagrams and look closely at various different years and models and try to match up the parts.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom