bjager87

May 22, 2006
I just bought 2002 125sx form a guy who lived at sea level, and it is my very first
bike, and today i notice that it was not tuned for where I live (mountains). I dont know much about bikes, but I am not afraid to learn more and try to fix it myself. So if anyone could tell me how and what to do to get it right for my elevation (595m,1950 ft.) it would be a big help.

Imack

May 3, 2006
It is just carburetor adjustment

When any internal combustion engine is at sea level, the air density is greater than up the hills. So, if a bike is tuned for sea level operation, and then moved to a place subtantially higher, the mixture will have more fuel than air, so it is what is so called rich, which is a safe condition. To lean it up I suggets to close the carburetor mixture needle (CW turn), 1/4 of a turn at a time. Then ride it and feel the behavior. Do do get it too lean since it will get hotter and may damage the top end. If you would have an exhuast analyzer it will do a perfect job, but those toys are expensive. So, take it one day at a time...!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom