trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
That's a good idea. I have a friend who races in the junior class who works for a Suzuki dealer, he had good prices also. How reliable are they? I know they handle similar to the Hondas, but never tried any. I'd like to move up as fast as possible though, I can't wait to race at the Montreal Supercross.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
trial_07 said:
That's a good idea. I have a friend who races in the junior class who works for a Suzuki dealer, he had good prices also. How reliable are they? I know they handle similar to the Hondas, but never tried any. I'd like to move up as fast as possible though, I can't wait to race at the Montreal Supercross.

And if you win you get enough contingency money to pay for the bike! :)

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I'll have to chose between yellow, blue, and red. That's a tough one also. Thanks Chili!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
_JOE_ said:
And if you win you get enough contingency money to pay for the bike! :)

If I can qualify in the MX2 class, that would be a huge accomplishment. My friend and local pro I practice with got the 25th spot this year. He finished 18th in the final.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
trial_07 said:
If I can qualify in the MX2 class, that would be a huge accomplishment. My friend and local pro I practice with got the 25th spot this year. He finished 18th in the final.
Yeah, I was bein a smart-ass, lol. It would be a great accomplishment to qualify for the main event.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Luckily, there will be a supercross track for us to practice at in Quebec: X Town .

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Yes. www.xtown.ca Click on Facility for the details.

The indoor track will be located inside a huge 80,000 square feet dome which will have an indoor heated pit area, 500 seats heated spectator area, 20 riders start gate, lightning, PA system, transponder system and proper ventilation. XTown will be largest indoor facility in Canada. Following is a picture of a similar smaller facility by the name of Earlywines in the USA.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
It's super nice to have a place to practice during the winter. We have an indoor arenacross track about an hour from me (NEMX). It's nice to be able to ride when there's a foot of snow on the ground. It's expensive, we rent it privately at 160 bucks an hour. There's a 20 dollar an hour minimum per rider. We usually get 8 people and go for a couple hours.

Here's a link to an article Racer X Canada did......http://www.racerxcanada.com/news/4362/racer-x-canada-tested-nemx-indoor-riding-facility/

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You will never know real throttle response till you try a bucket of pure race gas, with an ether oxygenate. It will only come with the high compression motor. It WILL drastically increase rebuilds, f or 2 stroke. Money, it dictates what you will realistically afford to race? I am sure a 144 on pump gas, and the way I seen you ride in some vids, you would do fine! The difference between the f and 2s, that higher rotational mass is heavier up top, and costs more money. You may get used to it, many have, and work around the valve train wear? What ever you do, stay away from the airport. And the last time I bought race gas, about a year ago? It was at 75 dollars for 5 gallons.

conn424

Mar 11, 2007
Chili said:
The 144 can compete, heck a 125 can compete but you are going to have to work harder to go as fast as an equal rider on a 250F.

I tried for several years to get my son to go blue for a 250F and he says maybe once they turn better than a school bus he'd consider it, he's still waiting :yikes:
i love my yellow machine. haha, ive not had no trouble at all, knock on wood. I plan on getting a 09 in the spring. 144's are good for maintenance and other things because its a 2 stroke. other than that its not for many people. KTM its really hard to find parts around here. why i would never recommend one.

Top Bottom