russdaddy

Jul 23, 2007
i have an '83 kdx 250 and the last time i was riding i somehow managed to break the left side if the swing arm bolt off,ive tried getting it from kawasaki but they dont make it anymore,i was wondering if its possible to swap it with one from another bike or from another year of kdx, any help would be great thanks

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Haha WOW, I just sheered the end off of my 1983 swing arm bolt.

If i had to guess i would think the 83 kx 250 would fit. If you have a caliper or something measure the diameter of the bolt, and then the length and ill tell you if its the same.

Bike bandit says they have them(for 83' KX250), but you never know with them. I would have ordered it but its a hefty price of $40. I'm going to look around at home depot or hardware stores to try and find one that will fit. Also look for motorcycle junk yards.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Look on eBay for a used one.

What ikeBandit and others show online is not the same as what is still available from Kawasaki, so don't be fooled on older parts.

russdaddy

Jul 23, 2007
does anyone have the same bike or even a couple years older or newer?if so i was hoping someone could possibly messure how long their swing arm bolt is and the diameter of the bolt.
Ive kalled several kawasaki dealers and apparently they dont make them anymore,also wat kind of crank case oil would you guys recommend?thanks for any help

Top Bottom