Tyler125

Feb 3, 2008
Me and my buddie are rebuilding a CR125 for me. The clyinder needs work and we are gonna get a piston and such. Now, what other year clyinders will work on this bike? I hate to send it off and get work cuz I want to ride now and am trying to find another one that will work fine.

Also what years of plastic will fit this bike? I have a 97 tank and shrouds on it already and not sure if anyothers will fit. Sorry if these r noob questions.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
what do you mean the cylinder needs work? just do a search for OEM parts. replace it. i you said its needs a piston, but a wiseco top end kits. they run about 120.00-130.00. get a good manual. i use clymer. i think its a great manual.

Tyler125

Feb 3, 2008
The cylinder needs replated. Im gettin a Wiseco piston std bore. I was hoping the 97 plastic would fit, that makes my life easier.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
oh ok, i didnt know if was badly damaged or whatever. just take your time, buy a manual. make sure you get all the gaskets and junk. make sure you put a little oil on the rings before you put the piston in, dont put to much, only a little bit. another good thing is take alot of picture when you start to disassemble.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
it is fairly quick turn around to get US chrome to replate it. you can pay the $50 for rush service and you'll have it back very quick. less $$$ than a new cylinder. Even less than i've seen some fleabay cylinders go for.

Tyler125

Feb 3, 2008
Sending the cylinder to Millenium Technologies. The bike is completely apart, just waiting on the bearings so we can put it back together. Thanks for the tip on the oil/piston ring. Ill be riding in about 2 weeks, just will be waiting the cylinder to return to us. Rebuilding this bike to be my first and Ive read nothing but great things about these 93's.

Top Bottom