1996 CR250 rubber muffler connector?

Jackyl

Apr 29, 2002
Right here...part number 12: http://www.servicehonda.com/HARD%20PARTS/OFF%20ROAD/CR250%20'90-'96/muffler_'94-'96.htm

This piece finally split on me, and it never really seemed to work all that well to begin with. My question is, should I replace it with a new one, or is there an alternative replacement option for this part? Thanks!!!

-AR

bailout123

Sep 1, 1999
Jackyl,

Don't worry about that piece, Here is what I do and it has worked fine for me for 11 years (The fix will not work for 11 years, I have been doing this for 11 years;-)) Remove the silencer from the bike and clean the area where the pipe and silencer meet with a good cleaner (Brake or Carburetor cleaner) and let it dry. Get Orange or Black High temp RTV and place a GOOD amount into the lip on the pipe side. The lip, is where the silencer goes into the pipe and the pipe goes over the silencer. Place the RTV on the lip only. Make sure that the RTV fill the lip all the way around the pipe. Ensure that you do not have RTV inside the pipes. Connect the silencer and pipe ensuring a good connection between the two. Remember, as you compress the pipe and silencer together some of the RTV will squeeze out. Bolt the silencer back on the bike, clean the excess RTV from the pipe and let it dry. It works great.

Top Bottom