Skippyams

Jan 24, 2001
I have went throuh the top end and replace the RMX head gasket with the 89 RM thinner head gasket to boost the compression up a bit. I have the PC pipe and spark arrester running the 93 octain gas with 50:1 AMSOIL Series 2000 oil. PJ carb 175 main 65 low speet. needle in 3rd position air screw 1 1/4. South East.
When running wide open its seems alittle to crisp I can pull the choke on and it still runs well but when I let off with out the choke being on is seems to want to ping some what but with the choke on it seems to almost cut the motor off.
If any one has any jet settings for a RMX for that year or an RM I would like to know what they are to see if im close.
Thanks for any help. :flame:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I have a '98 & '90; was never able to jet the stock carbs to my satisfaction, but found the PWK works better, so that's where my $ went. Sorry; no answer here if you want to stay with the PJ, but have you tried calling PC?

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Someone correct me if this doesn't sound right. I found my note for this mod that applies to my 96 RMX.

FMF pipe S-B33
FMF spark arrestor SA951

Thinner RM head gasket (sorry, not sure of the part number)

172 (or a little larger main) Main jet
52 pilot
1468 needle

I was warned that if you change to the thinner headgasket you must change the jetting.

Check with your local Suzuki dealer about these.

Mully

Top Bottom