1999 KTM shock service/revalve question

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I did a search and didn't find a thread like this so hopefully it's not old news. I also hope posting in this forum was the right space vs. the KTM/Euro forum.

I bought my KTM300 E/XC used a few years ago and unfortunately only get to ride ~10 times a year due to work. Thus I don't know if my shock has ever been serviced but it's way overdue regardless. I know KTM has been refining the PDS every year, with 2005 being especially better. The question is, should I just have it serviced or does it make sense to incorporate some of these learnings with revalve, needles, etc?

When I do ride it's trails/harescrambles on our club's trail leases and at DW each year. I'm a B rider and make the most of my time out there (i.e.- fairly aggressive). The guy I bought the bike from was quite heavy and had put very stiff springs in front and rear, so I put the stock springs back in and the sag and action is good at both ends. I'm 5'8" and weigh 165lb w/o gear. Forks are the 50mm WP Extreme conventionals and are heavy but work quite well (better than all the 2000-2003 KTMs I've ridden but nothing like the 2005s).

Finally, my goal is to get a 2005 or 2006 KTM EX/C or XC-W but will still probably keep this bike since it's worth more to me than someone else (may give it to my teenage son as he grows into it).

Thanks,

Doug

Top Bottom