2000 Kx 100, updated to 2008 specs?

00kx100

Oct 26, 2008
Hey guys. First off I'd like to say I'm new to the forums, but not new to motocross. I've been around atvs and bikes since I was born, and working on them since I was 10.

But here's the problem. A few months back, I got a used, 2000 Kx 100 in excellent shape. Now I've decided I want to race it. However, I discovered that the fuel tank is cracked. Rather than patch it, I figured I would get a new tank for it, and use this as an opportunity to update it to 2008 specs. Or as close as I can get.

So far here is the differences I have found.
*2008 and 2000 both have 1 radiator, but the '08 has a shroud on left and right
*Slight differences in exhausts

But here's the real question, has anyone else done an update similar to this? I need advise on which parts are worth getting, and which I should just leave. I am about to buy a gas tank/left sheath, just for cosmetic purposes. I think I can make them fit, with some minor adjustments... but I'm not certain.

Any advise?

Thanks,
Jake

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
you can look at upgrading to the new plastics, but it might be a lot of trial and error. I hope you're good friends with the local kawasaki dealer, and maybe he'll let you check the fitment of the various parts.

I'm betting there will be different mounting tabs and whatnot that you'll have to deal with. I'm also betting, though, that the KX100 is basically mechanically unchanged through those years.

00kx100

Oct 26, 2008
Hey man,
Thanks for the reply. Well I've learned alot since I posted that. Like you said, the frames are pretty much the same.

There are two different mounting tabs that I'm going to have to deal with. I'm not sure how, yet, but I have family that are machinists, so I'm sure I get get something hooked up.

After I'm done with this I'll be sure to post it. There is literally nothing about it on the web. The most help I could get is looking at both schematics and comparing that way... I have seen a few people do it, but they didn't give much detail.

Top Bottom