fastboy

Nov 5, 2001
A friend is selling his y2k xr650l for $2,500. It's in good shape with a few thousand miles on it. I'm thinking about buying it to ride to work. What do you guys think of the price? I would say that it is in good to excellent condition.

fastboy

Nov 5, 2001
OK, today I went and rode the bike and found that all the lights, except the headlight have been broken off. The seat is torn and two pieces of the plastic have breaks in them. The tires are totally shot, and the bike dies or stalls when you twist the throttle, unless it's choked a little. The mirrors are missing too. The bike has 2,400 miles on it, mostly in the dirt. I know Honda's are known to hold up well, but the bike is more like in "fair condition" and not "good-excellent" as earlier stated. Anyhow, are there any suggestions as far as the price is concerned? Any help would be appreciated as I am not up on the price of used dual sports.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
You can probably get a nice one with little to no damage for $3500. You can probably get models older than 2000 for closer to the 2400. I always check cycletrader.com to compare prices.

Considering all that is messed up, you will end up will $4000 invested before it is all over if you fix it.

PATHUMPERGUY

Dec 13, 2001
sounds like a money pit,thre is a lot of these around that haven't even seen the dirt,find some bodys commuter and start off with a solid machine.if taken care of these bikes will go forever and go some amazing places,mine sure did!

Top Bottom