2002 cr250 Choppy idle, erratic PINGS

Kx_rider

Mar 19, 2007
northwestern Ontario
Well iv Had this problem before and i thought it was because it was sucking air where i had cracked my crank case. but had it welded by a company which did a good job. And I just put a new OEM Honda piston and rings and gaskets, But once the Bike warms up to around 70 C, When i go Slow in first gear the idle will jump up and as it comes down it has a unusually loud and distinctive pings. This is not a regular common 2 stroke ping. Its like a, PINNG....PING.......PING.....PING, Really loud As the rev comes back down Any suggestion. Ill try to get a video of it Tomorrow. And the new Parts only have about 20 min on them.

Last edited:

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
Did you do a leak down test? Just maybe the job wasn't so good or you'll find another place leaking air. Seals come ot mind, loose reeds, crack in the airboot just to name a few possiblities.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Turn it off and yank the plug. Wet or dry, grey, any white speckles about the size of a needle point? Does the choke change it? Is the power valve working correctly. BUT, the bigger the bore, the more it pings down off throttle for a few seconds? Adjust your air screw and see if it makes a change? I believe you could be a tad rich on the pilot/air screw? When was the packing and reeds serviced last?

Top Bottom