2002 KDX220 Handlebar mounts to triple clamp

XRDadKDXBeni

Aug 27, 2002
We have a new KDX 220, my son crashed in the woods, not too bad, but the bar mounts seemed all cockeyed from the triple clamps. We could move them back and forth by pushing/pulling on the ends of the bars. They appear to be rubber mounted in the triple clamp. Were they just not tight enough?...or is the force of a minor getoff enough to knock them out of alignment?...is the fix as simple as loosening the underside nuts, realignment and then re-torque?

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
A typical KDX problem with the stock bar clamps. That's why Fredette sells so many of those clamps. You can order them on his website at www.frpoffrad.com

In the mean time you need to loosen the bar mounts and make sure the rubber cones are positioned ok, then retighten.

Attachments

• frpclamp.jpg
    frpclamp.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 366

andy jackson

Jul 8, 2002
i have a 2002kdx200,& have the same problem.Apparently theit r some after market replacements 4 the rubber inserts.They r made of alloy thou.Where would u get the one piece top clamp from?Some kx`s have these,would they fit?

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
My 2 cents take it or not. The true problem is the rubber cone mounts and when they become distorted the bars will move any direction. Jeff's clamp is much better than the stock and any bar replacement is a good thing. But even with a new clamp any hard impact on the bars will cause the rubber cones to give. I have used the same pair of aluminium after market cones for 7 years without Jeffs bar clamp and this problem has been solved.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Yes Andy a KX one piece upper bar clamp will fit.

You can also pick up higher density rubber cones and machined plastic cones. You can normal get them for triple clamp manufactures that make rubber mounted bar clamps. Applied comes to mind but there are many others as well. Cones made for KXs will fit and I expect others will as well.

David

Top Bottom