2003 yz125 yamaha engine problems

water

Jul 29, 2006
can you help,
just bought a used yz125, it ran great for a week then my son ran it out of gas. he filled the tank but it wont start normaly or run correctly now. checked the carb and it is getting gas, took the plug out and we see spark. We have primed the cylinder with gas also and it wont hit. We did pull it and it barely started (very low power) only when he opened the throttle fully but will not stay running.

please advise, we don't know if this is a simple or serious problem.
thanks
dw

water

Jul 29, 2006
we did mix oil with gas, i plan on buying a manual and will check the compression. do you know what the compression is supose to be?
tks

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Since he ran it out of gas, there is a chance that some dirt from the dregs of the tank may have got into the carb. Did you take the carb apart and check for blockage in the float and the jets?

daniel 40

Spammer
Jul 25, 2006
Snound like you need to do a top end, I had a 94 cr125 it did the same thing and I had to do a top end. About 125 to 175 psi on a 2-stroke engine. You'll find the actual specification in the appropriate service manual. Good luck! check out motopowervideocom DVD's mc maintenance there good whatever you need for what you are working on ;)

Top Bottom