Kawasukidad

Aug 27, 2005
Son is 9, size 5 boot.
Cant get foot under the kx65 stock shift lever to upshift.
Does anyone know where to get an extended folding type shift lever for this bike?

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
yeah I was wondering about reposistioning the lever myself. my son is 9 and also wears size 5. No issues with fitting his foot under the lever on kx or ktm...you remove the bolt completley and then remove it. its splined so you can rotate it and put it back on.

Kawasukidad

Aug 27, 2005
I thought for sure there was an aftermarket for this type of need. I have had no luck in finding one.
With regard to the repositioning, I will try it.
I was worried about the shifter being up too high and causing accidental down shifts by having it right up under his foot. But it seems the only option.
Thanks for the replies.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Kawasukidad said:
I thought for sure there was an aftermarket for this type of need. I have had no luck in finding one.
With regard to the repositioning, I will try it.
I was worried about the shifter being up too high and causing accidental down shifts by having it right up under his foot. But it seems the only option.
Thanks for the replies.
With his foot posistioned correctly its not a problem. have to teach him to rotate the foot down and out for shifting.

The ktm 65 has the same peg to shifter relationship as the kx. The Cobra 65 had a 1" longer shift posistion compared to the other bikes but they took a lot of critisism for the shfiter being too long. I cut our Cobra 65 shift down an inch for my kid to reach it.

Top Bottom