kawicam125

Uhhh...
Mar 14, 2006
hey guys, im selling my kx125 and moving up to( most likely) a 2005 Kawi KX250F. ive read from several different sites that the radiator is bigger and it has more bottom end than the 04' model, but not much different suspension. im probably going to buy it off of cycletrader.com around the end of the summer. i know that 4t MX bikes take a good bit of maintenence and i also know its going to weight a little bit more than my bike. the first thing we'll probably do to it( if we buy one stock) is replace the handlebars. im 5'5'' and 108lbs., im hoping for a really good time on my first 4t MX bike :nod: . can you guys fill me in on this bike, or give me any reviews from owners of this bike? thanx

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Unless you plan on tearing the engine down as soon as you get it you have no idea what kind of wear it already has internally. That can be a pretty big risk with a KXF250. I hope it works out for you.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
oldfrt613 said:
Well Rich, that was awful gentile ;)

What was I supposed to say, these bikes were completely unreliable PILES new out of the crate, and only get worse with age? Should I have said it's a timebomb waiting to blow someone's wallet apart?? I couldn't do something like that. ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
oldfrt613 said:
No, I guess you couldn't do that.

That goes without saying. :whoa:

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
He's being honest!!!! From what i've seen(pic's)and at the track, and read on this site,The kxf-rmf 250's are two bikes you should stray away from!!! Unless you have a large wallet and really injoy doing major case and top end work!!! Do some research!! Don't wast your money!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom