2005 Yamaha yz250 !! How much should I pay??

johan

Nov 22, 2004
Hallo there everybody
Today I went to my local ,friendly,Yamaha dealer here in the north bay ,San Francisco.I asked my dealer what the" out the door price "would be for a 2005 Yz 250 and to my :yikes: surprise,he said $7100 .I nearly wanted to laugh in his face but instead I asked him instead why some shops here in California and Canada can sell the same bike for $5400 out the door and not him.His eyes just got big and all he could do was to tell me how ashamed I should feel of not buying at the local dealer and about all the troubles I would run into if I bought out of state or even Canada.I promptly asked him what these problems would be and all I got was that I should get my own dealership and then I will know the answer.He then gave me a lecture of how he will get me back if I came into that shop to buy parts for my bike,that he would not give me any breaks on prices and Sh@# like that.
Well I wonder how big these breaks would be if everything is marked up so high in the shop allready[$25 more on a pair of Scott goggles than what I can get it for on the internet].
I then told him that I am from South Africa and that I will eventually take this bike back home and that I am just trying to find the best deal and his answer to that was:I could care less. :p So now I ask you with tears in my eyes :p ,how do you support somebody like that.
Please dont get me wrong ,I will gladly support my local shop but I have never been a big fan of "daylight robbery" and people that is trying to rip me off while they are looking me in the eye.
I work hard for my money as I am sure everybody else does,earning minimum pay while on my stay here and there is no way that I will spend my money at that shop ,if I can get the same bike used for $5000 with 10 hours on the clock.
Can somebody please tell me what" problems "I would run into if I would buy the bike in Canada or out of state.I know dearlers here wont recognise my bike and its 30 day warranty which is laughable in its own right and that I would have to pay 7.5% sale tax or state tax.Apart from that what else could I run into .
If somebody knows of a shop here in California that can give me a good price on the same bike ,I will gladly drive 300 miles to support himrather than this A$$ 15 miles away.
If I should consider buying a bike from Vancouver Canada,what will the import tax be on this bike and what other problems will I run into registering it and stuff like that.I would like to hear from somebody that has gone through the same process.
I thank you all for reading my story .All anwers on my question will be greatly appreciated
Slip the clutch and just give her Hell !!!
Regards
Johan

Feb 6, 2005
That doesnt sound like the type of guy you should be doin business with, he's tryin to rip you off dude. If he cant even give you an answer for why his price is more then its cuz he's a tightwad and wants to milk you for all your worth. go with the better deal. Your "local shop" is not very legit I dont care about support. He should be giving you a reason to stay with him but instead he's charging you an extra K and a ****ty attitude. go somewhere else

johan

Nov 22, 2004
Hallo again
Thanks for the replies I got from you guys.As far as the name of this shop and saleman goes;There's propably nothing that I would like more than to blurt everything out ,but then I would propably be opperating at the same level as he is and that is the last thing that I want.
The funniest thing is that I was considering buying a Yamaha R1 if things would work out for me in the future and I can assure you that, that is bussiness that he wont see, :p maybe just a fat burnout in front of the shop ,but nothing more.
I will definetly look up those shops you guys recomended.
Thank you all once more.
Regards
Johan

Top Bottom