jeflab

May 8, 2007
First of all I'm a four-Stroke newb. Got the bike with a leaky clutch cover gasket and replaced it. I Filled the oil level to half of the sight glass. after riding it the oil level was at the top of the sight glass and some had seeped from the fill cap. I drained until the oil was at the bottom of the sight glass and rode it again only to find the same thing. Can someone help this idiot?

flying flea

Mar 18, 2008
Get a manual for your bike, they help a ton. It will tell you the exact amount of oil to put in your bike,

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Unfortunately a manual won't tell you why the level increases with operation. It will, however, show some diagrams that may be helpful in tracking down the problem.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
If it's like the 06 KXF the engine and tranny share oil. The sight glass is decieving and does not give you an accurate indication of how much oil is in the the engine at any given time. The level will increase as your oil heats up and expands and i wouldnt depend on the sight glass. obviously if the sight glass shows no oil in it then you need to check it. There should be a little sticker next to the fill plug that tells you how much oil to add when youre just changing oil, oil & filter and when completly empty or dry, it is in ml's so get a ratio rite or similar measuring cup to measure your oil.

Top Bottom