Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Interesting, I was hoping the 08 RMZ250 would be EFI since my kid already put his name on the list to jump to the dark side as soon as they arrive this summer/fall.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
The EFI Yamahas were equipped with unbelievably short mufflers. With the MFJ's strict 96db sound limit we couldn't believe that the CRF150R-sized muffler could be so quiet. Sources inside Yamaha indicate that the muffler is radically different internally, and the low sound level has nothing to do with the bike's EFI.
This interests me more than any dang ol' EFI

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
all those bikes looked awesome, too bad they were all factory race bike, wish they had stock pictures of them :( . they said that the KX450F is the only 450 that wont have EFI if i read it correctly, and it clearly stated that the CRF250R will have EFI. 2008 could possibly be one of the biggest years for dirt bikes ever. BTW, what did you guys think of the WR250F( street legal version).

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
Classically (aka on cars, street bikes, snowmobiles, etc) carbureted engines, when compared to an EQUAL performance EFI engine, lost on the start, but then it evened out at higher RPMs.

Me and my brother use to race our 500cc EFI snowmobile vs. the 600cc 3carb snowmobile. The EFI would take it off the line, but the 600 would catch up.

Now it's very possibly that a 100% correctly setup carb will run almost identical to EFI. The point is that 100% correctly setup isn't easy to achieve :)

Carburetors are not dead by any means. Many forms of sanctioned racing continue to use them and will probably do so for a while.

Top Bottom