dstktmusa

Jan 5, 2001
congrats on the new bike. I have heard great things about this awsome enduro bike. I did get a chance to ride a friends 250 last week and I was really surprised!! It went well through the trees and you could really keep the throttle open all the way around. I find myself (on my 450) getting tired and giving to much throttle late in the race. The 250EXC is a great little bike imho.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by Bonehead
Dont get the 02 get the all new 03 .......

Too late, I already put my deposit down and I think someone is coming today to purchase my YZ 250F. Hey, if I don't like it I can always sell it and get a different bike or the '03.

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Dont get the 02 get the all new 03 it will be in the 125/250 frame and wont be a sleaved down 520.

Where did you here hear this? One of the guys on KTMtalk has one and said it is the sleaved down version, and it suxs big time; An entry level, not competitive womans bike. Maybe he could make you a deal on a slight used 250 RFS ;)

RakO

Dec 26, 2000
Dont get the 02 get the all new 03 it will be in the 125/250 frame and wont be a sleaved down 520.

It seems logical to me.; the 250 I saw ,there are some in Europe, is really heavy.
I know that they,ktm, are working on a new engine but where did you get from the info that they will use a 125 or 255 frame ?
The 125 frame would be a dream to me...
Rgds
RakO who used to have a 400 EXC and trade it in for a WFR 250

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Very good friend of mine, (KTM dealer sales/rep), recently went to the dealers show, and word is that the all new 250 RFS will be released in late 03 as an 04 model. Dont expect to see them before Sept of 03. But yes they are supposed to be a completly new design, engine, frame, ect. Not that there's anything wrong with the current 250RFS, Congrats to you Motohead on your new ride, Enjoy! :aj:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Thanks Shaw. I am pretty stoked about the bike right now. Chip at Munn Racing has already added a different pipe and silencer and some other little mods and now all I need is a day off to go over and get it. I hope I like it as much as I am planning. An E-button after the 250F is going to be a dream :aj:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Unit74
. . . it suxs big time; An entry level, not competitive womans bike . . .

Watch what you say--you're on dangerous territory.

What kind of dirt bike do you have, anyway?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Originally posted by firecracker22

Yeah....Kali is still lurking! :eek:

(I don't think it was he that said it, FC)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Actually I hear she got a Gas Gas 200, her KTM was for sale on another board. Don't know why she decided against the 250RFS.

But if a bike is slow, does that make it a woman's bike? That was the point I was trying to make. I haven't heard back yet either, darn it. I was looking forward to the answer . . . :p

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Originally posted by firecracker22

What kind of dirt bike do you have, anyway?

I have a 1982 CR 125 cherried out with purple plastice and a Flo Green frame ala Kawasaki.

:moon:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Tassles?

:)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Somebody call the PitSally Patrol--I think we have a volunteer!

Do you have matching flourescent spandex riding gear too? And a mullet?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
MY gear is PURPLE with THORNS on it. I don't hang out with people in florescent and mullets.

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Come on now!! I will be up there on the 4-7th of July. Lets go racing at the Funky Chicken together, say, the team race?

I'll let you ride the luv machine????

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
Very good friend of mine, (KTM dealer sales/rep), recently went to the dealers show

:think: Interesting, since the dealer show isn't until August...........

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Well, since I started this thread I guess I should post again since taking delivery of the bike. After riding a YZ 250F for a year and getting on this one I can tell you that it does not have the bottom end of the 250 F but it isn't bad. I can still ride just as fast through the trails and the twisties but it is much smoother. My riding buddies on their 426s and XR 400s can't keep me in sight unless we get out on an open straight and then they can make up some ground.

As far as not being competitive in the womens class, well I don't know if "I" would be competitive in the class but the bike is sufficient.

I had to do a little jetting on the bike but it runs really sweet right now. I had to adjust the fuel screw some from 1 3/4 out to 1 turn out and went up to a 165 main jet from a 160 and the stock needle in the third position from the top. The bike starts and pulls cleanly from bottom to top now.

And, I must say the starting drill is cool. I accidentally bumped the E-button and the bike fired right up on the stand. HE HE HE!! :aj: :aj:

I am going to have to do a little suspension work as the front boingers are a little soft for my weight and riding style. That will come in a couple of weeks and I will post more then.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by WhiPit

:think: Interesting, since the dealer show isn't until August...........
Guess that would depend on which show you're going to :eek:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks for the update Motohead, I've been dying to know what they're like. Get them under 220 pounds and I might be a little more interested yet.

Top Bottom