525 and maybe the 450's jetting problems

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Great job guys, a darn shame it took so long. I wonder how many bikes have blown up because if this small blunder. Kudos to KTM for at least admitting it and doing the research that solved it, even though it wasn't their fault in the first place.
The 03 models ARE jetted a bit lean, however, and need some basic adjustments. The idle circuit on my bike is very good with a 45PJ and no other adjustments.
Good luck fellas and spread the word to your local dealers.

JC Soto

Sep 25, 2002
Hey guys, check your spark plug! When I replaced my new carb, the darn thing would still not run smoothly. I pulled out the plug and found it so fouled up that the anode and cathode were totally blocked! I changed the plug with a new one and the thing just purred.

Bonehead, that screw should come out. Make sure youhave a good screw driver that matches the phillips head. JC

Bonehead

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 15, 2001
Well the slide plate was in properly, but the screw that lets you get the slide out, Dam, it was tight. I had the carb in the vice with both hands one pushing and one turning it tore the Phillips notch right out and yes the screwdriver was the correct one and I even put it to the sander so that it fit perfect in the slots. It took two vicegrips, one to hold the screw and one to turn it. Must have been extra strength red Locktite!
This thing is still lean but wont caus a meltdown.

looks like the next step is to the cart shop and a dino run and mess with jetting and timing.
Ill keep you posted.

Top Bottom