YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I am suprised no one has posted anything about this monumental event yet. Who is going??

I am actually gonna make it up this year. Not to ride the event but to help run it. I am, as some of you know, a member of the West Michigan Trail Riders. Friday the 30th is our day of the 6 days. And ya all are heading to the Rock! Drummond Island that is. Ya are gonna hit it on Friday near the end of the weeks ridding. You all gonna have some fun out there. :laugh:

I am heading up to Detour on the 28th. We are gonna pre-ride the island to make sure all is well with the marking on Thursday. Then Friday after ya all have started in we are gonna run sweep to tear the marks down and help the straglers get out. I can hardly wait. The island is gonna have a ton of personality after several hundred bikes go thru there. I'm gonna have me some fun :yeehaw:

I guess there is 2 ways to ride Friday. Ya can start in at St Ignace and ride the 100 or so miles of marked trail / 2-tracks / dirt roads to the island then ride the 75 miles or so of trail on the island then head back to St Ignace. Or trailer to Detour and ride from there. Common ya know ya all want to ride 275 on the last day of the 6 days dont ya's..... :yikes:

So I hope to see ya's there. Or should I say hope not to see ya's there. Cause if I find ya it probably means that you are broken down, lost, or bleeding. Or all of the above.

Have a great time.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I'll be there to finish breaking in body and bike... 6 days ought to do it! :ride:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=95133

And regardless of how I feel by Friday, I'll be trailering up to Detour. Just trying to be considerate of others who may have to cart my sorry butt outta the rock!

Look for a black 200 EXC w/ an orange tank, and I'll keep an eye out for wild man riding an 250X.... For some reason I'm picturing Yosemite Sam... :cool:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I was planning on going this year - thinking it might be the last time I could make it - but have decided to back out. My stamina is down and probably couldn't take two days let alone one. Bummer!! Have a ball Smit Dog. What a way to celebrate the big 4.0!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Mark that is too bad that you cant make it this year, Oh well there are many years ahead to run it again. You could always come on up with us, run sweep and hand out bandaids and advil to the debris left behind on the Rock....lol

" and I'll keep an eye out for wild man riding an 250X.... For some reason I'm picturing Yosemite Sam..."

Lolllllllll......I like it.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
I just came back from recording the first 3 days of Dual Sport for SDM. Those are the three run from the KOA in Newberry. Looks to be a great event with awesome routes.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ive got something for ya's. Here is the most acurate map of Drummond that I know of. The CCC's map leaves a little to be desired as it aint all that acurate. This one has been made with GPS info. I dont know who did it though so dont ask me for the GPS file.

This map is a little hard to read I know. But if you compare it to the CCC's map or any other map of Drummond for that matter you will get your bearings. I think this one is a copy of a copy of a copy. It has also survived a trip around the island in my pack. So it is a little ragged.

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v97/yzman400/Drummond_map.jpg

This is a pretty high res file so it may take a bit to load.

Top Bottom