trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
I wouldn't need that many CC's to kill me. Years back a good buddy of mine bought a CR 500 for "trail riding""That thing was so hard to kick over....and if the kick starter kicked back you could break your leg. Starting that beast was with riding boots only ! not your bedroom slippers like the kdx's. Anyway, after doing 4 cartwheels in a row in the Pine Barrons he decided to get rid of it............me personaly, I was to much of a sissy to get on the throttle of that bike. I can't imagine a ATK 700..

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Oh brother, I can see the threads rolling now...

"Can a modifed CRF 230 beat an ATK 700?"

"Where can I get a 744 kit for my ATK?"

"Will Bubba be riding an ATK 700 in Supercross this year?"

"How do I make my ATK 700 trail friendly?"

Aug 1, 2004
Shig said:
Oh brother, I can see the threads rolling now...

"Can a modifed CRF 230 beat an ATK 700?"

"Where can I get a 744 kit for my ATK?"

"Will Bubba be riding an ATK 700 in Supercross this year?"

"How do I make my ATK 700 trail friendly?"

And of course ... Can I install an OnStar system to alert the Emergency Room?

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
That's just ridiculous!!! My kx500 is even too touchy for in the woods, even with a fww on it!!! That 700 would be strictly desert riding!!! Probably 200 MPH!!!

L

LukeRips

Imagine how fun that thing would be around town with supermoto wheels and tires.... And i thought my neighbors were pi s s ed-off now.

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
I was reading an article about it and they said they doubt it will hit the showroom floor, as it is too hard to kick and the piston mass is so big it viborates you to death, also, it also is not a revver, it will make it's mass peak at around 4k. That's not very two stroke like, I'll keep to my 500. :-)

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
No thanks, I'll die the slow, natural way, thank you very much. :laugh:

What would you possibly do with something like that, other than bragging rights, or staring at it in your garage?

Oct 10, 2004
That is insane. Yes I would kill myself on it however weighing 150lbs i doubt i could get it started. Given a chance to ride it in a wide open area with soft ground i wouldnt hesitate for a second

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Man.... you guys make me feel like a super man or something. I ride a KX500 in the woods. Lots of times, it's very slowly with my 8 yr. old son. Cold starts are a 2-3 kick deal and hot starts are one kick 90% of the time. And I only weigh 175 lbs. The trick is that you cannot 'leg' kick it. You have to use the 'entire body' kick method.

The only reason I got a 500 is because there were no 700s available for under $2000.

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
I just read an articule about a Maico 760 2 stroke that they came out with probably in the early 70's. It was a limited production bike,made for the over 750cc class at the ISDE or ISDT as it was called then. It was apparently a very "Friendly" bike to ride. It was a long slow reving bike with gobs of usuable torque and only 43 horsepower. Lots of 125's are pushing on those #s these day's! I would bet that the 700 Intimidator ATK is a strong (VERY) torquey low revving type of bike. Has anyone seen/heard/rode/talked to someone that has rode one of these big Guys? I have a history of YZ 490's-3 of them to be exact,and I am much happier on my GasGas 300 than I was on big bore 2 strokes!

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Hey Crim!!! I used to ride my kx500 in the woods all the time also, until I bought the kdx220!!! It's like switching from a Harley to a bmx bicycle!!! The kdx is just so much easier to ride in the woods, I can't see any reason to ride the kx500 anymore. That's why it's getting sold in the spring. I plan on using the money to get a ktm300exc to put beside my kdx220!!! Then I can alternate between the 2 best woods bikes in existence!!!! :laugh:

Avena Quaker

Dec 9, 2004
gowen said:
it also is not a revver, it will make it's mass peak at around 4k.
But I imagine you can lug it just fine at 2000 RPM with... can we say, 30 HP ?? LOL... you could just put 2 gears on that bike :yikes:

It makes you wonder, what were those ATK guys really thinking when they decided to market that bike ? The bike that is missing in the dirt bike world is a 350-400cc 2 stroke, not a 700 cc monster !

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
Bloody oath. I am keen for more 300-400cc two strokes. Seems like theres two chances they will ever be made though. In ten years time two strokes will be a thing of the past and we'll all be forced to ride heavy, dull, briggs and stratton valve bouncing 4 strokes.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
Avena Quaker said:
The bike that is missing in the dirt bike world is a 350-400cc 2 stroke, not a 700 cc monster !
Husqvarna quit making the WR360 (well, USA anyhow), but you don't have to look back very far to get one.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom