7th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider Spring Ride 6/15-17 at Tower City

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Right now it looks like I can make it for Friday morning as well and if you guys are up for an aggressive ride your coming to the right place. Last time I rode there I found a single track off camber trail on the edge of a cliff that's a real heart stopper.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have a 2.5 hour drive too.

I guess I should have said "short bursts of aggressive riding" ;) I don't want to get too crazy and would just as soon stop at just before aggressive. Heart stopping is way past aggressive!!!!--thank you very much! :laugh: I have the steer damper and a flywheel weight now but I also have to be back in work on Monday :ride:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Come on now are you telling me that your letting your age catch up with you? If I can do it so can you and you'll love the view but do me a favor and stay on you bike and the trail it's a long way down. Seriously though this particular trail is not for everyone but we can still head over that way and those that want can join us or take an easy sneak route around in fact the whole place is sort of like that. We can make the ride as hard or easy as the group wants with no problem. There is even a way to ride to a local pub for lunch if that's what we want.

I saw a post from Matt perhaps he knows some cool trails there. Matt do you ride the single track stuff? I've come to realize that non of the single track stuff is marked out and you really need to know where it starts. I've been doing GPS riding there and hopefully by the time we go as a group I'll have some good tracks for us.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
My throttle hand is getting kinda twitchy. We'll be there.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
CRFGuy said:
Come on now are you telling me that your letting your age catch up with you?
Uh...yeah :nod: I have so many aches and pains that I have a hard time not letting my age remind me of how feeble I've become :laugh:
If I can do it so can you ...
Good point. I can usually whip your sorry butt...at least until you got that steering stabilizer. Still, the thought of a cliff scares the crap out of me--and believe me, I’m full of it :nener:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
It's Ok you can always use the excuse, you just haven't had time to get yours dialed in yet.

Hey guys I'll be there tomorrow if anyone wants to ride. Should be a small group I'll have two riders with me and Raymond is bringing a coulpe.

brpray

Dec 5, 2004
Hi Guys,

just become a member of TC, must say that we had an outstanding day yestarday. The days riding was one of the best I have had for a long time. I loved Paragon and look forward to Paragon 2 but we WILL all have a great time at our spring ride.

I could :blah: :blah: about what we did or went down or up but will leave it for the spring ride.

cant wait :ride:

Ray

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Yes it was fun and we did cover some good trails but I hope your planning on joining me this coming weekend for my ride with Lou.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
brpray said:
The days riding was one of the best I have had for a long time.

:yeehaw: Is it June yet? Is it June yet? :ride:

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
CRFGuy said:
I saw a post from Matt perhaps he knows some cool trails there. Matt do you ride the single track stuff? I've come to realize that non of the single track stuff is marked out and you really need to know where it starts. I've been doing GPS riding there and hopefully by the time we go as a group I'll have some good tracks for us.

The best way to find all the single track is to scan the sides of all the main trails and you will see a little cut in or something. It won't always be a singletrack trail it may be a dead end but there is so much your bound to find as much as you want in a weekend. A lot of cool single track is on the National H.S course you can find a arrow and follow them it will normally send you to singletrack. All you have to do is pay attention to side trails and you will find some just make sure someone with you has a good sense of direction or a good gps becasue ther is so much land it is easy to get lost. My dad knows most of it really good so if we are going to go he can probably so you some good trails.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Shaking The tree

I was just on the phone with my buddy Steve and he reminded me of the funniest mishap of the day. He had fallen of the edge of a single track down into a ditch. The way he was found when someone back tracked for him was by the way he was shaking the tree next to him. Ray and I had a good laugh when we heard the story as we were cooling down waiting for them to come back. There was no damage to the bike or Steve and it was one of the best days he has had riding so far. He make tremendous improvements in his riding skills and got over his fear of up and down hills. I think Mike had a good time as well and if not for his cramping up he would have enjoyed the rest of the day with us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there

4 weeks to go

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Wahooooooooo! I have reserved 2 RV campsites at Camp-a-While for Me, Rooster, RM_Guy, Papakeith, and two others. The sites are reserved for Friday and Saturday evenings.

4 Adults are allowed per site - so if someone wants to stay on our site we have room for 1 more and we can share the costs. Let me know!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Here’s a tally of who’s coming and on what day. Looks like 4 for riding Friday, 10 for Saturday and some for Sunday. Friday riders should meet at TC between 9 and 9:30 AM, Saturday meet at 8:30 AM.

Let me know if you have changes to this and I will update it. I’ll keep this list in the original first post for this thread so it can be easily found.

RM_guy-ride Friday & Saturday, camping Friday

CRFGuy--ride Friday & Saturday, Staying in a hotel so he doesn’t get his skirt dirty

Squeaky-ride Saturday & Sunday (?), camping Friday, Saturday

Rooster-ride Saturday & Sunday (?), camping Friday, Saturday

PK+?-ride Saturday & Sunday (?), camping Friday, Saturday

JasonJ-ride Friday, Saturday & Sunday, camping Friday, Saturday in his van...down by the river, I guess

Never2Old-ride Friday & Saturday, camping (?) Friday

Oskar and son-ride Saturday

MrMXer327 & son-ride Saturday

Matt 193-ride Saturday

Treejumper- Ride…maybe if his unborn child cooperates!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
We will be riding Sunday - most likely 1/2 day

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I am still up in the air, but I may show up saturday and hopefully head to paragon sunday to get some trail work in.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
scooter1130 said:
I am still up in the air, but I may show up saturday and hopefully head to paragon sunday to get some trail work in.
That would be great Dan!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I am so ready to ride again. If you don't hear from me for the next 2 weeks don't get worried. I'm gonna be pretty busy and may not have access to my computer.

LET'S RIDE :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
FYI Dave - I sent the deposit for the campsites yesterday. Check in is at 3 - I'd say Roo and I are going to arrive right around that time.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
If you don't hear from me for the next 2 weeks don't get worried. I'm gonna be pretty busy and may not have access to my computer.

LET'S RIDE :)

Dont let Dave fool you, he is taking a 2 week vacation so he can sleep for 2 weeks to rest up for 2 days of riding. Sorry Dave, you're secret is out :nener:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
:nener:
squeaky said:
FYI Dave - I sent the deposit for the campsites yesterday. Check in is at 3 - I'd say Roo and I are going to arrive right around that time.

Hey what camp ground did you decide on? Im ready to go, although I have NO off road seat time in this year. I will cut my teeth at 8 B's and get my groove on.
Im really hoping to have a dampener installed and dialed in for the TC ride since Im familiar with the high speed rock shock jock terrian up there. Plus Im tired of having Gordon walk away from me on the straight aways on that flying pumpkin thing.
The great debate continues, Older guys on new bikes, or new guys on older bikes?
Oh yeah, I got a fresh set of tires to break in. How ya like me now?
I am very interested in the unmarked single track Gordon. I would like to see whats available on the reservation these days. I use to ride TC with John when he operated out of the back of that old school bus with a ceg at the rear door. We use to ride from TC to White haven,,,,,,,, ahhhh, who sounds like an old guy now?

Top Bottom